Fleurieu Families provides parenting information across the Southern Fleurieu Region e.g. courses, information packages.
Fleurieu Families provides parenting information across the Southern Fleurieu Region e.g. courses, information packages. Fleurieu Families can assist parents in finding the services they need eg Counselling, children' services, legal services.Fleurieu Families can assist individuals or groups in creating new services. e.g. sole parent networks, grandparents raising grandchildren.Fleurieu Families offers parenting information in the form of support groups, courses and information packages on many aspects of parenting such as:
- Parenting pre-schoolers
- school age children or adolescents
- Post natal adjustment and depression
- Grandparents raising grandchildren
- Money matters
- Sole parenting
- Changing Lives : Grief and Beyond
- Living with a stepfamily
- Children's Continence
- Raising Boys
- Living with the Effects of Domestic Violence….groups for women and for children
A regional funded project by the Department of Human Services, The City Of Victor Harbor the District Council of Yankalilla, and the Alexandrina Council.
A parenting connections service
- Providing parenting information in the form of groups, courses and information packages on many aspects of parenting
- Working with parents and community to create new resources, projects and services for families
- Connecting parents and caregivers to information, services and community resources
Linkages For Families
- Exploring ways to provide family friendly environments where families can connect to each other and become more involved in their communities, for example activity and fun days
- Parenting calendars, community service directories and resource kits for parents and caregivers
- Assisting parents to access the services they need
- Raising the importance of the early years of a child’s development and the connection of the family to the wider community.
Volunteer Parent Support Workers provide practical and confidential support for families experiencing tough times.
They can provide:
- A confidential person to talk to, to help get things in perspective
- Information about support and services in the local area
- Support when attending appointments with community agencies (ie school, Centrelink)
The home visiting service also aims to support Aboriginal families through culturally sensitive services to the local community.
Leann Symonds - (08) 8551 0542 - email@example.com
Kerry Pomery - (08) 8551 0553 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deana Constable - (08) 8551 0543 - email@example.com
Parenting Calendar - July to September 2016
Fleurieu Families Newsletter Spring 2015